Corporate Counsel – Sweden iStone/Columbus
We are currently seeking a Corporate Counsel, you will be responsible for legal matters in Sweden and partly in Norway and who will support the management and all departments both in Scandinavia but also from time to time on international matters for departments worldwide.
The ideal candidate has experience both from a larger law firm, but preferable also as an in-house Corporate Counsel for a company in the professional service industry and will be able to engage immediately with the needs of the organization.
Columbus recently acquired iStone in Sweden which has offices both in Stockholm and Malmö. Corporate Counsel will be working out of one of these two offices but travelling will from time to time be relevant.
As a corporate counsel you will write, negotiate and execute agreements and contracts especially with focus on Service related engagements, larger it- and consultancy projects and sales of software and other non-tangible assets. You will also offer counsel and assistance to executive management, sales department and project departments on a variety of legal issues, including contract status, legal risks, change orders and business terms of various deals. This will mainly involve Sweden but also Scandinavia in general and may from time to time involve international compliance and global projects. The role as a corporate counsel also includes creating and drafting standard contracts and standard appendices to public legal standards in Sweden and Norway.
Here are some other responsibilities in the role:
- Draft, review, and update various types of agreements relating to structuring and negotiating software and services transactions
- Provide assistance related to acquisitions in collaboration with external counsel and/or the Head of Group Legal in Denmark.
- Provide legal counsel to the company on employment matters, including advising the HR and management on various employment related issues, drafting and revising employment related agreements, documents, policies and procedures, managing employment litigation, and assisting with investigations and employee training
- Provide legal opinions, guidance and mediation/facilitation in pending disputes and perform pre-litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Research unique legal issues affecting the organization by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, and codes
- Provide education to executives and employees on relevant legal matters and explain legal language
- Interfaces as needed with outside counsel
In this role you will refer to the Swedish management as well as to the Head of Group Legal in Denmark Jacob Løbner.
What we offer you
Our mission is to enhance the lives of employees and customers by working together to provide quality business solutions. The job as Corporate Counsel is a full-time position with a good compensation and benefits package, a flexible work environment, and a culture which encourages collaboration and a healthy balance of life and work. In Columbus/iStone you will have great career and growth opportunities in a growing organization that is part of an international consultancy company with subsidiaries all over the world.
- Law Degree from an accredited law school and preferably a Lawyer title from a respected law firm in Sweden and/or extensive prior practice and experience as in-house counsel in a larger private company
- Minimum 4-8 years relevant experience practicing business and corporate law in Sweden, and at least good basic knowledge and understanding of Norwegian, Danish and European law
- Excellent legal research, analysis, writing, and communication skills
- Experience drafting contracts and policies as well as licensing, both in Nordic languages and in English
- Above average grade levels from an accredited law school. Please submit grades with initial application
- Prior experience with IT contracts and good basic knowledge of technologies
Strong language skills verbal and writing in Swedish and English. We also see that you have a good general understanding of the Norwegian and Danish language.
iStone is an IT corporation with more than 600 employees in 13 countries. As of 1st of January we are a part of Columbus.
Columbus is publicly listed consultancy company that provides professional services nationally and internationally including implementing vertical software solutions as well as many ongoing services to meet the specific requirements of its customers.
We will start screening and phone-interviewing candidates from 17th to 28th September with interviews followed by that in October where you meet Jacob early in the process. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.